The World of Noffs

has been moved to new address

http://www.theworldofnoffs.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

The World of Noffs...: Vacation {Take Two} - Asheville, NC

The World of Noffs...

A journey through our wonderfully chaotic life!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Vacation {Take Two} - Asheville, NC

Our next stop on The Noffs Family vacation was in Asheville, NC.  I had never been there before and was pleasantly surprised by this quaint little artsy town.  I really wish we had spent more time there.  Of course, you can't go to Asheville and not go to the Biltmore.  And the Biltmore was absolutely gorgeous!  I was in awe of this house and all of its riches, its history.  It was splendid.  I'm dying to go back.  

This was our first night in Asheville.  We arrived there pretty late and the kids were zonked.  While we set up the Pack N Play for Presley, we laid her down next to her brother.  Wish we'd had an extra bed to leave her there.  They were both pretty happy.  


After a great breakfast, we packed up and headed straight to the Biltmore to do some exploring and take in a bit of history.


We did get to tour the house but they ask you not to take pictures inside the house because the flash can ruin certain things.  I didn't want to get us kicked out so I respected their wishes, though my fingers were itching to hit that shutter button.  It was truly amazing and again, I was in awe.  

This is the entrance to what was once the stables.  The courtyard between the stables and the house is now a food court.  The stables now house little shops.  By the way, it's really hard to take a picture of any part of this house without random strangers being in the picture.  So I had the tendency to shoot upwards.  



The kiddos in the food court anxiously awaiting their lunch.  



This is the backside of the house, from the food court.



Again, hard to get a picture without random strangers in it but these stable doors were simply amazing to me.  This was the main entrance into the stables.


This is where Presley seems to be the happiest - on Daddy's shoulders.  


The front of the Biltmore.  That's Keegan standing in front.  Hard to see him with all that house.  Incredible, isn't it?!



Keegan and me hanging out eating some ice cream.  This fountain is located in front of the house.  


Some fantastic details of the house....






To the left side of the house....










This is the front of the house....



The main entrance...








This is a tired baby girl.



Entrance to the winery as well as a few restaurants on the grounds.


The gardens are something to see at the Biltmore, but we didn't get to see them all.  We had two tired kids and more driving ahead.  But trust me when I say the parts we did see were breathtaking.  




Asheville was wonderful and I hope to go back soon and spend more time there.  The Biltmore is something everyone should see at least once.  It is truly an amazing piece of American history.  



Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tyler said...

Oh how I love that place! So neat.. it was odd to me how small the beds were. They looked so short!! I have never been to the gardens because I have only been at christmas but I bet the are gorgeous.

Glad you enjoyed it! Looks like the kiddos enjoyed it but I know they were exhausted.. that is a lot of walking ;)

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Lula Lola said...

Love the Biltmore house, it's so interesting. Did you wear the headsets? They are a wealth of information!
I'd love to go around Christmas, they say it's breath taking!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy!

<< Home