The World of Noffs

has been moved to new address

http://www.theworldofnoffs.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

The World of Noffs...: A Picture for God

The World of Noffs...

A journey through our wonderfully chaotic life!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Picture for God

As with all new Christians, Keegan is constantly asking questions about Jesus, God, praying, etc.  He wants to pray all the time.  He wants to read his bible.  It's truly amazing to see God's work in this little four year old body.  I am in awe.  

Keegan is very much into drawing pictures and on this day, he wanted to draw a picture of Jesus for God.  He asked where God was.  I try my darndest to explain Heaven and where heaven is.  He asked where he could put his picture so God could see it.  I tried to explain best I could that God sees and hears him know matter where he is or what he's doing.  This wasn't quite good enough for Keegan.  Keegan proceeds to walk outside and hold his picture up to the sky and screams, "SEE, GOD?  SEE YOUR PICTURE I DREW OF JESUS FOR YOU?"  I was running through the house to grab my camera as fast as I could and luckily popped off one shot before the moment was over.



I am so proud of this little guy, my heart feels as though it might explode most days.  My cup runneth over.

6Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.  Proverbs 22:6

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I. LOVE. THIS. Your lil' man has such a sweet and tender heart! That's just soooo awesome that he's wanting to learn more and more about Jesus and drawing pictures for God...how precious is that? very precious!!! I was telling a friend of mine about what my 2 yr.old niece said the other day. Now, whenever we ask her "Where does Jesus live?" She'll reply, "In my heart!" However, the Wed. night (after Easter), we were at church and she seen my dad's Bible cover (a cross and crown on the front). She was holding it and looking it over. She looked up at me and said "Jesus died!" I replied, "Yes, He did. But He's alive. He rose." And threw in our favorite question to ask her..."Where does Jesus live?" She looked at the Bible then back at me and replied..."Jesus died!" I, of course, knew that she was stuck on that part of the Easter story...so I reminded her that yes, He died, rose, lives in Heaven and in her heart. She was just so taken with the Easter story. She loves for me to play "Jesus Song" (which is any song about Him) I LOVE the minds of children and the love that they have for HIM!!! Thank you for sharing this!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Ginna Abbey said...

This just makes me smile!

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so so sweet! What a great example to us as adults of a child like faith!

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy!

<< Home