The World of Noffs

has been moved to new address

http://www.theworldofnoffs.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

The World of Noffs...: Labor Day Weekend 08

The World of Noffs...

A journey through our wonderfully chaotic life!

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labor Day Weekend 08

Our weekend started off with a bang.  We headed to Hopkinsville, KY for Battah Bash 08.  Mike got to see some of his Hoptown friends and I got to see some of my old EKU friends.  We had a great time catching up and swimming in the Battah pool.  Arsha outdid herself with the food.  It was a pregnant woman's dream!  Here Keegan and Daddy take a dip.

Mike and Wiam get their boys acquainted with one another.  It was great to see the two of them and their sons play together.

Will and Keegan playing poolside.  

Keegan loves the water guns.  He had one in his hands all day.

The Hoptown crew and the EKU crew.  What a crowd, huh?!

Keegan learning to swim.

Miss Sydney Marcum.  Looks like her daddy, but as sweet as her momma.

Tonya Marcum and me.

Mike and two of his best friends, Glenn and Wiam.

After a day at the Battahs, we headed to the Barkley Lake, KY lodge.  Keegan winds down from a day of swimming.

The next day, we took Keegan to The Homeplace.  Mike and I both have fond memories of this place and it was neat to be able to take Keegan there.  He really enjoyed himself.  And to my family who is probably thinking of the slop bucket episode when I was a girl, there were no slop buckets so history did not repeat itself.

Keegan watching a young man make a chair just like the one he's sitting in.

He loved sitting at this little table in one of the old houses.  We actually had a hard time getting him up from this table.

Keegan watching a duck taking a bath.  He sat there for a very long time watching.

Keegan meets his first scarecrow.

Taking a rest from all the walking.

Showing Momma and Daddy his Happy Face.

Keegan and me in front of The Homeplace.

After the Homeplace, we went to the beach at Barkley Lake to spend the afternoon.  This was Keegan's first time in a lake.  He was just happy to be in the water.

The water was nice that day and it wasn't too crowded.  The sand, however, was way too hot to play in.

After a day at the beach, we headed to one of our very favorite restaurants - Patti's in Grand Rivers, KY.  Here, Keegan and I kill a little time together watching the water mill.

Keegan dropping a penny in the water.

The remote control boats were a huge hit with Keegan.  We had to drag him away.

Mike and Keegan anxiously wait for our table.  It was only a 2 and 1/2 hour wait.  Luckily, there was plenty to do while we waited.

I hit 24 weeks over the weekend.  And yes, I realize I have 16 more weeks to go and look like I could give birth any minute.  No, I don't know where I'm going to put this girl as she gets bigger.  Anyhow, our last doc visit was uneventful.  Just the same old stuff.  Everything looks and sounds great.  Presley's heartbeat was 145 bpm and all the measurements add up putting us right on track still.  Presley was kicking the doppler.  Doc says she doesn't like him much.  She's a very active little girl most days.  She's already giving her momma a run for the money.  But I feel good.  Just anxious for her to get here.  

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great Court! Can't wait to meet her!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

How fun!!! It has been since college that I have seen WB! Speaking of college my boss and I were talking about college days today (he went to UK) and I was thinking of all of those times when I posted tonight!

You look so cute Court! Mommyhood is good on you.

So...when you going to venture to this part of the state????

When is your due date BTW?

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy!

<< Home