The World of Noffs

has been moved to new address

http://www.theworldofnoffs.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

The World of Noffs...: Hot Springs, AR

The World of Noffs...

A journey through our wonderfully chaotic life!

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Hot Springs, AR

We went to Hot Springs, AR for the weekend at the last minute.  I took tons of pictures (here are only a fraction) and they are all out of order, but I don't have time to fix them. So away we go.......This picture was actually taken in Little Rock.  To be honest, there wasn't too much to see there.  Decent town, just nothing terribly outstanding about it unless you are a Bill Clinton fan and we are not.  Sorry, Bill.  Not routing for your wife, either.

 Keegan and I standing in front of one of the fountains in front of a bathhouse.


We had to bundle Keegan up really well.  Didn't really think about us being in the mountains.  It was VERY cold after the sun went down.

Here I am standing in one of the historic bathhouses in Hot Springs.  

Keegan napping as we walk through Hot Springs.  Notice his hands in his pockets.  He refuses to wear gloves.

This is Keegan getting comfortable for the ride back home.  Shoes are coming off.

Goofin' off in the hotel room.

CHEESE!  That's really what he's saying here.  He says it almost every time I pick up my camera now.

Keegan and I sitting in front of the fountain in the Fountain Room in our hotel dining room.

Keegan had to get a closer look.

Downstairs in our hotel, there was a shopping area, a beauty parlor, spa, liquor store, etc.  Keegan's having fun in the old barber chair outside the beauty parlor.

The fountain in the lobby of our hotel.  There are cups next to it so you can have a drink of the mineral water.  Keegan kept wanting to go back for more.  It really was good water.

This is our hotel - The Arlington.  Yeah, we're from Arlington, TN staying at the Arlington Hotel.  Anyhow, this hotel dates back to the early 1800's and it was fantastic if you love history, which I do.  There are hardly any modern amenities.  They have their own bathhouse that has been in operation as long as the hotel and I did go down and take a bath and have a massage.  Can't wait to go back!  Some of the locals say that Al Capone stayed here a few times back in the day.  Here's a link if you'd like to know more about the hotel.  It's interesting if you like history.  http://www.hsnp.com/zz-legends_at_the_arlington_hotel.htm
Historic Bathhouse Row.
Mike and Keegan checking out one of the bathing areas in the old bathhouse we toured.
The Majestic Hotel.  I have yet to look up the history on this place but the locals say that this is where Capone stayed regularly.  It is currently closed and not sure if it will reopen.  We had a really good time and I'm looking forward to going back and learning more about the area.


Here is a video of Keegan having breakfast in the dining room of our hotel.  He is pretending to sneeze which is something he does lately, probably because he gets a reaction from us.  But I tried to move the camera around the room so you could get an idea of what this hotel is like.   It's nostalgic!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

How Fun!!!

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy!

<< Home