The World of Noffs

has been moved to new address

http://www.theworldofnoffs.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

The World of Noffs...: Walkin' In Memphis

The World of Noffs...

A journey through our wonderfully chaotic life!

Monday, July 16, 2007

Walkin' In Memphis

For those of you that don't know, Mike has been interviewing for a management position with RJ Young's Memphis,TN branch. So this past weekend Mike, Keegan and I took a trip to Memphis to check out the area and get a feel for it in case we do end up moving. The office is actually in a little town outside of Memphis called Bartlett. We had a good time seeing the sites and taking in some history. Most of you know that I've been mildly obsessed with Elvis Presley since I was about 4 years old. This was my first time to Memphis, which is also where my mom was born. So I was very interested to see where my mom made her debut as well as to see Graceland for the very first time. I was SO EXCITED!

This was Keegan's first time in a hotel. He was so excited to be able to walk around in a different place and touch things. Check out the video of him playing in the closet.

Keegan preparing for his first night in a hotel bed. He's having a little juice and winding down for the night. He liked the king-size bed.

So I FINALLY make it to Graceland. I was in awe.

This is a picture of the graffiti on the wall surrounding Graceland. If you've never been there, it's something to see. Fans of all kinds have signed this wall.


We also drove past the Lorraine Motel. James Earl Ray shot Dr. Martin Luther King here.


Dr. King's room and the exact spot where he was shot.


We also drove past Beale Street. I had no idea you couldn't actually drive down Beale Street. It's blocked off so you have to park and walk down it.

Keegan rides a horse outside of Loretta Lynn's Country Kitchen. Good food!


We visited the mall in Cordova, TN (just outside of Memphis) which is near the RJ Young office. There was an indoor play area and Keegan wouldn't get out of the car. If you asked him if he wanted down, he quickly answered no. He sat in this thing for the longest time. He wouldn't let any other kids play in it.


I made Mike drive around the Heartbreak Hotel. I had to see everything Elvis.


Here I am standing outside of Graceland. I was so excited to be there FINALLY! However, I didn't get to go inside so I made Mike promise to take me back for the VIP tour. The wall behind me is the graffiti wall I mentioned earlier.


Across the street from Graceland are Elvis' planes. Here's a peak of the Lisa Marie.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy!

<< Home