The World of Noffs

has been moved to new address

http://www.theworldofnoffs.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

The World of Noffs...: The Perfect Day

The World of Noffs...

A journey through our wonderfully chaotic life!

Friday, August 28, 2009

The Perfect Day

This day started out as nothing extraordinary. No plans, no errands to run, nothing. But then I began to realize, a little too late, that this day was actually quite special. No plans, no errands to run, no laundry waiting, no cleaning to be done. I could sit back and enjoy the day with my kids. Too often, I think, I get wrapped up in the goings on of life to really appreciate spending time with my kids and doing absolutely nothing else. There's always a house to be cleaned, laundry to be done, groceries to get, friends to meet, etc. My kids suffer for it. I suffer for it. They have so much to teach me if I'd just slow down and pay attention. I know that God was speaking to me today through my children. He had a really important message to convey - nothing else is as important as these two little people who are watching every move I make and soaking up everything I say and do, or don't say or don't do. Slow down and just be with my kids today. Show them they are what's most important to me. So that's just what I did.

Keegan and I made blueberry pancakes together this morning and they were delicious! I only wish I had the notion to document this perfect day a little earlier and gotten pictures of those pancakes, and Keegan enjoying them so much. We built houses with lincoln logs, we played with cars. We walked Presley around the house since that's her new favorite thing to do. We watched movies that Keegan wanted to watch. We acted completely silly. We took pictures. We were completely loud and obnoxious. We made huge messes and didn't clean them up. We baked cookies and at more than one. We ate when we were hungry and not because it was 11:30. Presley took a nap when she was tired and not because the clock said it was time for Presley's nap. The schedule went out the window. And it was the perfect day.











I will go to bed tonight knowing that my kids know, without a shadow of a doubt that I love them and that they matter enough to me to stop and just do what THEY want to do once in a while. Thank God for my husband who works his tail off to allow me this time at home with my babies. Thank God for my babies. And thank God for this perfect day.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy!

<< Home